Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Sunday, June 27, 2010

DUSTy Happenings & Craft Swaps

Well what a week it has been ! I was thrilled to meet the gorgeous Liz of Hundreds of Buttons when she passed through our town. Del (from DELiciousDesignz & getSPOONED)Liz and I met for lunch at one of my fave eateries The Venice and then I got to catch up with Liz that evening. What was going to be a quick half hour chat ended up being a 2 + hour natter and craft swap ! I felt very relaxed in the company of this lovely DUSTer ! I swapped a gorgeous Kilt Pin Brooch for some of Liz's button-y creations (Liz is far too generous btw xox)


I also got word that my craft swap partner Wilma of Empress Wu Designs had received my May/June 2010 DUST Team Craft Swap parcel ! So now I feel I can reveal what I sent to Wilma. Wilma mentioned that she was quite partial to the key & padlock kilt pin brooches that I create. I also read Wilma's bio on her blog to work out what I would create. Wilma was a highschool principal in a previous life so I thought that I would create a special bookmark with An Apple for the Teacher Theme. And to top off the package I always include a handmade thank you card and some little gift tags. So here's what I sent.

An Apple for the Teacher Bookmark and .....................

A special custom Kilt Pin Brooch and.......................

Gift Tags and a handmade card and ........................


then I wrapped it all up in this pretty paper and .......

packed it in this sweet little box to send away !

3 comments:

  1. It sure was nice to meet Liz, face to face. I love how beautifully you have wrapped your swap item Sam - that paper is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Wonderful items. The kilt brooch you made Liz and the one you made Wilma are particularly pretty! The button earrings and bracelet by Liz are very very nice - you sure have been spoilt! Oh and the package you sent with all the pretty wrapping paper looks awesome! How lovely! and super lovely for a couple of DUSTers to meet in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness what fun you guys had and Oh that swap parcel has had so much thought given to it I wish I had participated this month :0) Was a busy month for me so didn't participate. Had loads of fun the month prior :-)

    ReplyDelete