Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Friday Friends - Dusty Diva's Part 3



Today I would love to introduce the wonderfully talented Tess of BoosTees and Planet Treasures


I must admit I have a bit of a thing for Tess's earrings - the ones with the stunning czech glass beads hanging from long leaf-shaped sterling silver ear wires. I have these in pale silver, rainforest, green rivoli and I am wearing the Berry Red ones as I type. I think they make the most beautiful elegant statement !


And I am in awe of how much time and effort went into the handbeaded Sherbet Fizz pendant made with japanese delica beads in bright yellow, vibrant orange, juicy lime and fresh blue.


Anyway, enough from me - here is Tess's story !

Unique Designs by Tess Carrad

I have been designing and making jewellery for 16 years. I first started making earrings because I couldn’t find any to buy that I liked.

I was living in Arizona, USA at the time and there are wonderful bead shops there as well as the annual bead and gem shows.

My range includes earrings, necklaces, brooches, bracelets and hat pins using a variety of materials.

I favour high quality glass beads from Venice and the Czech Republic and my most recent creations feature unusual semi-precious gemstones combined with freshwater pearls and Swarovski Crystals.

I also love using handcrafted glass beads from glass artists. It’s great to be able to support other craftspeople and I especially like buying from Australian bead makers.

My style has evolved over the years and at the moment I love big, bold shapes and striking colours.


When I first stared making jewellery I thought I would never be interested in using those tiny seed beads, but sure enough I was drawn into the world of beadweaving.

I use tiny seed beads to weave by hand into little treasures – some are freeform and organic others are very structured.It’s the variety that I love.

Recently my daughter and I have been making tshirts.
We use good quality pure cotton tshirts and embellish them with appliquéd designs cut from beautiful cotton fabrics.

Our range of tshirts is aimed at women age 15 to 105 years.


We are also developing a range of men’s tshits.

I have been selling at markets and festivals in the Blue Mountains, Sydney and further afield for 16 years.I am also a member of a craft co-operative in the Blue Mountains, The Nook in Leura.


Want to know more ? Check out these links to Tess's etsy stores
www.planettreasures.com
www.BoosTees.etsy.com
www.planetdebris.etsy.com
Read Tess's blog at :
http://www.planettreasures.blogspot.com/

or become a Facebook Fan to keep up with all the Planet Treasures and Boos Tees happenings !

http://www.facebook.com/planettreasures

http://www.facebook.com/BoosTees

4 comments:

  1. thanks so much, Samara.
    I feel very honoured, and You must be my best earring customer! Double thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful feature! Beautiful creations Tess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very very welcome Tess - this one is all about you my dear - enjoy it !

    ReplyDelete