Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Friends - Dusty Diva's Part 10



Welcome, once again to Friday Friends - Dusty Diva's !
Edition 10 ! Woo Hoo ! Friday Happy Dance !

This week I want to introduce to you Ali from Alipink .

Ali's story is inspiring and I am so glad she agreed to let me share her story with you. Check out Ali's blog (see the links at the bottom of this article) and you will agree with me I am sure. This lovely dusty diva is as special as her creations.

I love these sweet card and brooch combos and...................


these are a great gift for the young bloke who has everything................. a measure up condom wallet and ................

this stunning delicious sunshiny clutch ..................

in gorgeous bright colours and ..............

I adore the paper doll fabric in this cute and practical messenger bag !


And now over to Ali who will tell you her story............

The Story of alipink

I live on the Gold Coast of Queensland with my husband and two daughters, age 3 1/2 and 5. Running a household keeps me pretty busy but I fit in part-time work as a Paediatric Nurse as well.

I am a life-long crafter - sewing, knitting, embroidery, and recently quilting and crochet. I have a particular love of vintage fabric and notions, probably as a result of rummaging through Mum’s fabric stash as a child. She still has a great box of fabric with many pieces dating back to the Seventies when she made clothes for my sister and I. I am also a keen op-shopper and love the thrill of hunting through shops looking for treasure.

I primarily make bags and purses although I do venture into other products like quilts, cushions, hats, brooches and cards. I take inspiration from the fabric themselves as well as vintage craft books and patterns.

I started selling my craft a couple of years ago and through that became involved in DUST and BrisStyle, both great communities of Australian crafters. I decided to set up my own local craft group, Crafty Coasters, earlier this year and we meet monthly to chat, drink tea and create.



I also enjoy selling at local handmade markets. It is great to meet buyers and to be amongst talented and passionate crafters.


Want to see more alipink goodness ?


You can find alipink here;

Etsy :
http://www.etsy.com/shop/alipink

Blue Caravan :
http://www.bluecaravan.net/alipink/

Made It :
http://www.madeit.com.au/alipink

Facebook :
http://www.facebook.com/alipinkbags

Twitter :
http://twitter.com/alipinkbags

Blog :

http://www.alipink.com/

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Ali - love your style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Samara. It is an honour to be featured on your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete