Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Father's Day and other things

Greetings gorgeous blog followers ! It has been a while since I did a general sort of blog post but there a few things that I really really want to share with you all.
A bushwalk, a Dickens Birthday, a fabulous art exhibition, fathers day and my latest esty finds.
Saturday Afternoon Bushwalk
Hubby and I decided to go on an outing on a gorgeous sunny Saturday and ended up going for a sublime coastal bushwalk, hoping to see some whales ! We had both forgotten the absolute raw beauty of our local coastline - we didn't see any whales but it was so nice to see the stunning scenery.


A very Dickens-y Custom DUST team Birthday Parcel
I have a brother in law who is MAD for Dickens. This year, I decided to enlist the help of two lovely DUSTers who helped me to make this a very Dickens-y birthday !
Vicki over at redeemdesigns searched for the perfect vintage Dickens book to make a repurposed custom journal and Rachel over at missisa made some lovely hand wrapped pencils in Dickens text from the novel Bleak House. I found some fabulous free digital Dickens images on the net and made a birthday card collage with the fabulous Dickens line : Bring in the bottled lightning, a clean tumbler and a corkscrew which seemed like an appropriate Dickens birthday card quote ! He loved his gifts very much "you can never have too much Dickens" thank you so much to Rachel & Vicki for making this happen !

Art of Beauty Exhibition - Art by Woz
I recently went to a fabulous fine art exhibition - Art of Beauty - Fine Art Exhibition by Warren Walker. I LOVE these paintings - such a beautiful exploration of femminity !

An inspirational and seductive collection - if you are in the South West of WA you will have the opportunity to catch this collection at Art Geo Busselton ( contact artgeo@artgeo.com.au ) September 8th - October 12th 2010.
Please take the time to read more about Art by Woz at his website :
http://www.artizme.com/


Father's Day
I love my Dad. I was incredibly lucky to win a Father's Day Blog Giveaway by Erin over at Inner Earth Soaps and coupled with a custom portrait of me & mine from the lovely Helena at Little Mo And Friends , I was able to give handmade gifts for Father's Day. I made a special card too using a vintage Collingwood Football Club Mobil Petroleum image - Dad was well chuffed with his Father's Day Haul !


ETSY Treasuries

Maddabling has recently been included in two fabulous ETSY treasuries curated by the talented ladies at SecretJewellz


http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c8188c4523c8eef06d70cac/paper-chase

and Change of Season by Savage Kitten http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c8175396e556d918931102a/a-change-of-season
Thank you so much ladies xox

and lastly
Latest ETSY Finds

from Top Left to Bottom Right -
Voodoo Rabbit Apron
Faunfare Natural Perfume Oil
NewEarthSoaps perfume balm
JulieAnnJewels bracelet
PayleDragon doll
Realisation Creations earrings
Scarlette Rose Fairy scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment