Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Friends - Dusty Divas Part 18 - PennyFarrow Designs



Happy Friday lovely blog followers - this week has gone by so fast ! I have a lovely new Friday Friend to introduce you to this week, in edition 18 of the dusty diva series -
Penny from PennyFarrow Designs. This talented duster creates the most lovely things from leather making unique and beautiful leather accessories.

I recently purchased this fabulous camera case from Penny and love the different colours, textures and of course craftmanship !

Browsing through Penny's Etsy store - I thought that these things would make the most wonderful gifts (it is never ever too early to start Christmas shopping)
How about this funky Red leather 'heart petals' clutch purse for that hard to buy for girl

or a manly leather journal set for that hard to buy for bloke

or a gorgeous earthy Dark brown handmade leather handbag with swirling leaf

or this sweet Handmade orange leather journal, with flying cat for the feline lover in your life

I would be so happy to receive any of these goodies ! I now invite you to settle in with a nice cuppa and put your feet up and peruse the perfectly gorgeous story and products of PennyFarrow Designs.

The story of PennyFarrow Designs - Be authentic and intentional
Hi, My name is Penny and I am the face of PennyFarrow Designs, I live in Adelaide, South Australia.

I have been making and designing hand stitched leather accessories for about two years, I do most of it by hand including cutting, hole punching and stitching. I love designing and making simple tactile, items for everyday use, I work with leather because it gains character with age and is a pliable and versatile material.

I am planning to do a bag making course to improve my technique and increase my skill base, I am really excited by this, as it will open up new possibilities for design.

At present my work is largely self referential and I would like to draw inspiration from other art forms, like dance and music, and art and design. My daily goal is to do something creative every day which includes looking at other art forms and reading from different fields to inspire my creativity.

Earlier this year I participated in a dust team craft swap with Del from Delicious designs and she inspired me to experiment with adding other materials to my leather work, I would like to do a little more of this too.


Want to connect with Penny Farrow ? Here's how :

Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PennyFarrow

Zibbet shop: http://www.zibbet.com/PennyFarrow

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/PennyFarrowDesigns
(Penny would LOVE to hear about your favourite accessory, if you want to join in the fun leave a post on the Accessory love discussion)

If you want to read a little more about Penny Farrow, check out these posts:

http://www.zibbet.com/blog/2010.09.06/featured-zibbeter-pennyfarrow#more-3061

http://handmadeartistsforum.com/my-hand-made-world/

No comments:

Post a Comment