Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Friends - Dusty Divas Part 23 Tiger Wings


Hello again lovely readers and welcome to the 23rd edition of Friday Friends. I think the year is going by so quickly now - one week just rolls into the next. I am so pleased to introduce a lovely Dusty Diva - Jackie from TigerWings - Art by Jackie Zhu.
I think I first "met" Jackie during a DUSTy Christmas in July Promotion back in 2009 and this painting is the first piece of Jackie's artwork that I remember seeing; the image is so beautiful - don't you think ?
I recently purchased this sweet ACEO from Jackie - I love the title as much as the image, I intend for this to hang in our kitchen perhaps ......

"Even the most resourceful housewife cannot create miracles from a rice less pantry" ORIGINAL Watercolor ACEO.
I also love Jackie's representations of these flowers - Water Lily ORIGINAL ACEO
Eastern Treasures - Cherry Blossoms

I now invite you to take a few moments out of your busy days to settle in with a nice cuppa and enjoy the sublime artworks of TigerWings - Art by Jackie Zhu x

The tale of TigerWings and Jackie Zhu's Art
Hi, my name is Jackie and I am the face behind TigerWings. I am an
Office Manager of a Telecommunications company by day and a
self-taught Artist by night.
I currently live in Brisbane but am planning to move back to NSW very soon to be closer to my family (and so I can have a pet rabbit!).

For as long as I can remember I have always done something creative. I
remember my Uncle (who was also an Artist) telling my mother that I
was going to be Artistic when I was around four after he saw a picture
I had drawn of my family which instead of being merely stick figures,
they had clothes and shoes and hair!

I paint/draw things that I love and inspire me. There is no rhyme or
reason to what I choose to paint on a particular day or the style in
which I create the artwork. I love experimenting with new techniques
and styles and exploring other Artists blogs for tips on technique.

I have always had a strange fascination with dead trees in particular

but I also love painting women of all races and sizes.



An idea can come to me at any time of day (or night) and for that reason I have a notebook beside my bed so I can write down my ideas.

I began selling my Art in April 2009 after a fellow DUST member (and
childhood friend) - Linz from FaerieMajikk introduced me to the world
of Etsy and I have never looked back.

I have to admit that to begin with it was quite difficult to part with my Art, but eventually I realised that it was a huge complement to have people buy it.

In case you were wondering, the name "TigerWings" comes from my husband's Chinese name which means "Tiger with wings". I am currently having a sale to make space for some new Art I have been working on.


Want to know how to connect with TigerWings ?
www.jackiezhu.com
You can buy TigerWings Art at:

http://TigerWings.etsy.com

Check out the TigerWings Blog :

http://TigerWingsArt.blogspot.com

Follow Jackie on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/TigerWingsArt

Subscribe to TigerWings's e-mail newsletter :

http://jackiezhu.com/rvsindex.php?/newsletter/

or find TigerWings on Facebook :
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiger-Wings-Art-by-Jackie-Zhu/232177905872

4 comments:

  1. These are LOVELY, it brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so proud reading this! Jackie is my younger sister, and I have always been in awe (and a little jealous) of her creativity and her amazing talent. It is heartwarming to know that others appreciate her also, and maybe now she may recognise a little more just how wonderful she is. Thankyou so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Jackie, and thanks, Samara for showcasing this artist.

    ReplyDelete