Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wild Winds of Change - Wednesday Wishlist

Did you know about Global Wind Day ? I didn't !

"Global Wind Day Global Wind Day is a worldwide event that occurs annually on the 15th June. It is a day for discovering wind, its power and the possibilities it holds to change our world. It is also a day for discovery of the work that has already begun by pioneers around the world. In more than 75 countries around the world, wind farms are in operation, generating energy from a clean and renewable source. Thousands of individuals are involved in the production of energy from the wind, but for many people, wind energy is a mystery. Global Wind Day is the day when you can visit wind farms, meet experts, attend events and find out everything you want to know about wind energy. The European Wind Energy Association - EWEA - and the Global Wind Energy Council - GWEC - coordinate the Global Wind Day through a network of partners. The day started as a European one in 2007 and went Global in 2009. On 15 June, thousands of public events are organised all over the world. "

extract taken from http://www.globalwindday.org/ - just click on the link to find out more info and to find out if there are events planned for your corner of the globe ! This Wednesday Wishlist is inspired by Wild Winds of Change - items were found using the search term "wind" on ETSY. Enjoy !


Wind Energy Vintage Look Photograph 8x10 by LoraRisleyImages


Wind In Your Hair Pendant Ring Sterling Silver Custom Size by arosha


Wind Farm Women's Turbine T-Shirt by happyfamily


Kaleidescope stained glass wind chime by GlassofManyColors


Old man wind blows away clockwork clouds - steampunk brooch by tinyminds


Wind - Quilled Paper Girl by DazzlingDelight


Manes in the Wind Soft Brown Crocheted Wool Fringed Neckwarmer/Scarf by nevadawoodswearables

2 comments:

  1. How cool are all these wind inpired goodies! I particularly love the simplicity of the Hair Pendant ring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pendant too, so simple but such a statement piece at the same time

    ReplyDelete