Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Friends - Dusty Divas - Vintage SewandSo & Gravina Sister's Kitchen



Welcome dear readers to Friday, may it be a fabulous day for you. I have done some lovely things this week, caught a movie "Bridesmaids" with my lovely hubby and went to the hairdresser for a long overdue spruce up. I have a deliciously different Dusty Diva and Friday Friend to introduce this week, meet the gorgeous Kerri



of Vintage SewandSo and Gravina Sister’s Kitchen.



Kerri creates the loveliest homewares from Upcycled fabrics and makes decadent edible delicacies in her kitchen. Let me share with you two fabulous items from Kerri's homewares range. I have these funky eco napkins which we used last Saturday when friends came for lunch

and this eco coffee cuff which I won when Kerri had a giveaway. The eco coffee cuff is highly recommended for busy people, who tend to forget to drink their coffee until it has gone cold - like me.



Dear readers, I now extend the invitation for you to take some time out, relax and read the tale of Vintage SewandSo & Gravina Sister’s Kitchen, the Cook and the Seamstress. I hope you enjoy this tasty blogpost.



The Cook and the Seamstress - The Tale of Vintage SewandSo and Gravina Sister’s Kitchen

I’m Kerri Anastasia Gravina from Vintage Sew and So & Gravina Sister’s Kitchen. I am a mum of 3, so life is very busy and that’s the way I like it. My quote is “Life is to live” and my mantra is “Just breathe”.



I truly believe you can achieve anything if you set your mind to it and are prepared to take a different approach to doing things. I am passionate about my work; if something doesn’t work I change it. I get bored very quickly, don’t sit still & I am very eclectic.



I’m inspired by music, art & people, I’m constantly coming up with new ideas. I have 2 businesses Vintage Sew and So & Gravina Sister’s Kitchen. Sewing & cooking are so very important to me.



I spent a lot of time when I was little with my Nonna who made everything from scratch. We made bread for the week on Saturday, every summer the whole family would get together & make pasta sauce. They grew most for their food and preserved what wasn’t needed at the time.



If my nonna & I weren’t cooking we where sewing she would give me scraps of fabric so I could make things for my dolls. My mum baked all our sweet treats and knitted our jumpers. So I guess this is why I recycle and don’t waste anything.



Vintage sew and so is a sewing label from The Dandenong Ranges in Victoria. I make vintage inspired homewares , using vintage fabrics, new fabric & reclaimed fabrics. I love to recycle so I have a huge fabric stash & once people find out I love to give fabrics a new lease on life they are always giving me fabric.




I have just started Gravina Sister’s Kitchen which is a biscuit and cake making business; I use whole ingredients and no added preservatives. Most of my biscuits can be ordered as gluten free and I have large range of Gluten free cakes. I have won quite few 1st places at the Royal Melbourne Show and local shows too for my cooking.



I have had owned a café / catering business before & worked in the hospitality industry for quite few years. After being asked to make biscuits and cakes for a few friends I decided that I would go back into food again. My plan is to have my biscuits and cakes in cafes, restaurants & bed and breakfasts throughout Victoria by the end of the year. I will also be bringing my kitchen wares over from Vintage Sew and So to give people the opportunity to put together a gift pack of both bikkies & kitchenware. My big plan is to write a cook book.



Is your mouth watering or do you want to see more of Kerri's homewares ? Check out these links.

Connect on Facebook :

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vintage-Sew-and-So

Buy Kerri's wonderful goodies on ETSY :

http://www.etsy.com/shop/vintagesewandso

or Madeit

Gravina Sister's Kitchen Madeit

http://www.madeit.com.au/GravinaSistersKitchen

http://www.madeit.com.au/VintageSewandSo

or on Kerri's online store :

http://www.gravinasisters.bigcartel.com/

Read more about Kerri and her craft on her blog :

http://vintagesewandso.blogspot.com/

catch sweet tweets on Twitter :

http://twitter.com/#!/KerriAnastasia

No comments:

Post a Comment