Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, October 10, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 10 - Words, Pictures and Music

Today my blogpost is a very simple one. I put out a call to the Maddabling Facebook Followers to see if there was anything in particular you would like to read about over the coming month as part of Blogtoberfest.

Fran from Lyptis said : " I don't know how you come up with a topic for every day. I have problems coming up with a topic for every week :P How about some pictures you took lately? I like looking at pics! "

So dearest Fran this post is especially for you ! By the way, I really think you should check out the amazing range of Lyptis clothing for Play and Work at : http://www.etsy.com/shop/lyptis





And last but not least some music ! I want to share with you an up-and-coming West Australian band - San Cisco ! San Cisco's facebook page states the following info about this incredibly talented young band : https://www.facebook.com/sanciscomusic

"Genre : Indie Pop
Members : Jordi, Josh, Scarlett, Nick
Hometown : Fremantle
Biography : Fremantle based indie-poppers San Cisco deliver tunes with a rough low-fi garage pop energy and continue to impress with their bright catchy hooks and depth of song writing. They have recently recorded their second EP in Melbourne with super producer Steven Schram (Little Red, Cat Empire, Little Birdy) The first single is called Awkward, it was written in the studio one afternoon and features the vocal debut of drummer Scarlett Stevens. Awkward is a kooky call and response between Scarlett and Jordi – all fictional, of course! San Cisco have had a busy 2011, showcasing at both FUSE Festival in Adelaide and BIGSOUND in Brisbane. Along with some tip top performances at Big Day Out, Laneway and Groovin’ the Moo, San Cisco enjoyed supporting Architecture in Helsinki, The Grates, Jebediah and Kimbra. Their debut EP Golden Revolver has received glowing reviews in Australia & internationally, with single Golden Revolver played on radio stations all over the country and throughout the USA. They had a saucy video clip made in New York City for their second single Girls Do Cry, while Golden Revolver made to 4th most played song on triple j from an Australian band! San Cisco are looking forward to Jordi finishing high school in November, some awesome gigs in December touring with Emma Louise in WA and hitting the East Coast for Pyramid Rock and Peats Ridge Festivals."

I hope you enjoy this tune - see you all tomorrow for Blogtoberfest Day 11 !

2 comments:

  1. I love flowers!! The blue moon picture is great! Is that your cat?

    Always good to see a video with girls in underwear after just waking up!:P

    Thanks for the shoutout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Fran - you are welcome. Yes that is our cat, he is a very chillaxed mellow creature. I was stoked with the blue moon pic too and glad you enjoyed the video :)

    ReplyDelete