Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Blogtoberfest Day 29 - My Creative Space

Welcome to Blogtoberfest Day 29. I thought today dear readers that I would share a little bit about my creative space with you all. I have been busy making gift tags for the festive season, I love having a desk in front of a huge window as it's nice to work in natural light. Well it's no so much a desk as an old kitchen table that I used to study at during high school, it was secondhand and has served me extremely well.


I have lots of crafty stuff. My wonderful (and long suffering) husband built me some craft shelves in the corner of our multipurpose room and I really would be quite lost without them. I like pretty things, including coloured glass bottles and I think next to the Windmill (that belonged to my Nanna) on the top shelf you may catch a glimpse of a painting - a bathing beauty - that I did many years ago. There are also various framed prints from Aussie Artists and Jewellery Mannequins that I hang works in progress on.


I also like to have interesting reference material such as books and magazines on hand, as I do love pretty pictures and shiny things,


also quirky things like this old alarm clock that no longer has a face or glass but still works, I love watching the inner mechanism at work as time ticks away.......


and this beautiful heartfelt card given to me by one of my dearest friends is a constant reminder that I am loved and have self worth.

I am striving to become more organised, simply because it makes things easier to find and am in a constant process of sorting and labelling supplies so I know what is where.


I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my creative workspace. I thought I would share a song to round out the blog post, it was one that I saw on RAGE this morning. I do love the distinctive sound of Californian bands and to be honest Music I find can be an inspiration, it can influence your mood. Anyway back this sweet indie band, here is a little more information :

"Dum Dum Girls are an American indie pop band from California that formed in 2008. Their name comes from both The Vaselines' album Dum Dum and the Iggy Pop song "Dum Dum Boys". The band is the project of singer and songwriter Kristen Gundred whose stage name is Dee Dee. After issuing several singles and EPs, Dum Dum Girls released their first album I Will Be to critical acclaim in 2010. Their second album Only in Dreams was released in September 2011."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dum_Dum_Girls. If you want to find out  more, you can check out their website here : http://wearedumdumgirls.com/

See you all tomorrow lovely readers for Blogtoberfest Day 30 xo

3 comments:

  1. Hi Samara! LOVE to see everyone's creative spaces... yours is fabulous! What about that clock! how cool!!! I too need to keep things organized ... then get messy when creating and then clean up again! Organization is definitely a key element in producing good work. Thanks for sharing!!!
    x Deborah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're very neat!!
    My space is such a mess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe it was on the day Melanie - hence the photo's ! although I try to keep it in some semblance of order as our cat loves to rearrange things for me !

    ReplyDelete