Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, October 3, 2011

Blogtoberfest - Day 3

Welcome dear readers to Day 3 of Blogtoberfest. I think the biggest challenge so for me is coming up with something new and exciting to share with you each day. Well here goes, I will share an ETSY find, a book I am reading and a song for you to ensure your Monday is a little upbeat. 

While browsing ETSY the other day, I spotted this divine Aynsley aqua and gilt filigree pink rose large, Athens shape tea cup and saucer, circa 1960's. Isn't it just so elegant ? There is some really lovely china in DadsTeacups - have a looksee for yourselves :)

Aynsley Aqua/Turquoise Tea cup and Saucer, Gilt&Rose Athens, Footed, England

Have you read any good books of late ? I have been reading a book called The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. It is set in the Summer of 1964 and was the year that the main character Lily turns 14. I have found it so far to be a touching and  intruiging read - it has been described in the following way : 

"The Secret Life of  Bees" has a rare wisdom about life--about mothers and daughters and the women in our lives who become our true mothers. A remarkable story about the divine power of women and the transforming power of love, this is a stunning debut whose rich, assured, irresistible voice gathers us up and doesn't let go, not for a moment. It is the kind of novel that women share with each other and that mothers will hand down to their daughters for years to come."

You can find out more about this book at : http://www.suemonkkidd.com/secretlifeofbees/

And lastly a new song for a Monday. Something a little upbeat, keeping with the accidental theme of the 1960's that seems to be the unintentional basis for this blogpost ! Little Birdy are a wonderful Australian Band and this is a song from their 2009 album Confetti.  I hope you enjoy this tune- see you all tomorrow for Blogtoberfest Day 4 !

4 comments:

  1. That teacup shop is beautiful! funnily enough I was going to blog about teacups today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the octoberfest, I'm on holidays for 3 weeks :)) so will pop over and read up all your interesting things. My speakers have been nicked from the comp at the moment, so i cant listen to the tube song, but the book sounds really interesting', I love books that share lessons :) I read a really good one last year called Do Less, Achieve More: Discover the Hidden Powers of Giving In, by Chin-ning Chu. It sounds like a book for lazy people, but it is by no means that. It shows you how to put things in to perspective and high lights our personal strengths and what we do well. In general, this book made me look at life in a more relaxed way and helped me to understand my strengths and limits. I'd recommend reading this to everyone who has a bit of stress in their lives and feel like things get on top of them all a little too often. For me this was a mind changing, life changing book. I sleep better, stress less and enjoy people & life much more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book looks really interesting - will check it out. Although my pile of unfinished books is every increasing and I really need to focus!!
    A teacup shop!! how could I refuse to look at that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay ladies - glad you are enjoying these posts :)

    Tess - your blogpost on teacups was lovely.

    Anonymous - thank you - I must look up that book :)

    Del - I can lend the book to you once I have finished it :)

    ReplyDelete