Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday Friends - Australian ETSY Sellers - Belinda Morris


Welcome dear readers to a new edition of Friday Friends. For those of you who celebrate Christmas, it is very nearly upon us, I hope you are all prepared and wish each and every one of you a fabulous time with friends and family. I will write a special Christmas Eve Blog Post filled with some festive finds, pictures of the recent DUST Team Secret Santa Craft Swap and a peek at a wonderful poetry book that a dear friend Cyndy sent to me in a gorgeous recycled handmade envelope !

I digress......... This week it is my great pleasure to introduce Australian Etsy Seller and Seamstress Extraordinaire  Belinda Morris !

I think Belinda is a terribly talented seamstress and I love the flattering and feminine designs of Belinda's frocks, they are such beautiful classical lines. Elegant yet casual, the dresses remind me of yesteryear in their patterns and styles. Retro Glamour and Vintage Inspired at its very very best. Dresses for the modern girl with a vintage heart. I really adore these three styles and want to share them with you now.

Mia Dress in Red Floral
Sandra Dee Dress in Blue and White Gingham
Dear blog readers, I invite you now to release your inner fashionista, and indulge in some online exploration of Belinda Morris and her Fabulous Frocks. I wish each and every one of you a happy and safe festive season with your loved ones. Eat, Drink and be Merry - see you all tomorrow xo


The Fabulous Frocks of Belinda Morris - A Fanciful Fashion Feature

Hi, my name is Belinda Morris and I am a designer from a small town on the South Coast of New South Wales in Australia. I hand-make one off or small runs of vintage inspired, women’s clothing and handbags.
 

I definitely love a bit of a vintage feel. All that style, glamour and playfulness of bygone eras is really appealing to me. I love clothing and accessories that are soft and feminine, but with a twist. I definitely have a soft spot for a few ruffles and bows.


I like my pieces to be a bit of a personal expression and not the standard ‘off the rack’ look and love a handbag that makes a statement all on its own.


I work with all natural fabrics such as cotton or cotton-silk blends and I try to emulate all the amazing tailoring techniques of the past. The finish of the garment is really important to me.


I started designing and making clothing when I was a young girl. My Mother taught me how to sew and by the time I was in High School I was making a range of crazy outfits for myself and friends. I love the creative process and am always finding new things I want to learn how to make or sew.


My favorite pieces at the moment are these Sophia Dresses in bright summer prints. I love the simplicity of them and the subtle femininity that comes through in the design.


I sell the Belinda Morris range through Australian Boutiques and two online stores - Madeit and Etsy. The online stores are unfortunately both closed for the Christmas Holiday period, but you can see many of my creations on my Facebook page :

http://www.facebook.com/BelindaMorrisDesigns

If you would like to sign on to my page I will be sure to let you know when the online stores are reopened in mid-January.




No comments:

Post a Comment