Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Saturday, May 26, 2012

DUST Team Awards 2012 - Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of the DUST Team Awards 2012. I promised I would share with you a photographic journey, showing the creation of an Abstract Seascape Collage custom made for the lovely Erin at Inner Earth Soaps. The process for me was a big challenge, having not made an abstract piece before. I took into consideration Erins' favourite colours and the fact that she lives by the seaside, and using a canvas, some sand, acrylic paints, glue, tissue, beautiful silk papers from Sesenarts (handpicked on a recent journey through the South West where I got to visit the gorgeous Julie of Sesenarts) and a binding agent, this is what I created. The process took longer than I expected but I was super pleased with the result.
I was also extremely spoilt by the sweet Samone from Red Letter Studio who created the prize for the Social Bunny Award category ! This is a collage picture of the wonderful goodies she sent to me including some sublime custom note cards - thank you again Samone - your products are always perfect !
The DUST Team awards, while hard work for the DUST Team Admins to co-ordinate, were a resounding success and remind us all of the amazing folk that make up the DUST Team. See you all tomorrow for the final edition in the Elle Moss Photography 21 Day photo challenge xo



No comments:

Post a Comment