Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Silver Lining - Wednesday Wishes

Every cloud has a silver lining. There have been some amazing cloud formations in our neck of the woods of late, lots of sun rays peeking through the winter cloud at the end of the day. Such is the inspiration for todays Wednesday Wishes blog post. Are you ready for a short history lesson dear readers ? 
What is the Meaning of  Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining ?
Every bad situation has some good aspect to it. This proverb is usually said as an encouragement to a person who is overcome by some difficulty and is unable to see any positive way forward.
The Origin
John Milton coined the phrase 'silver lining' in 
Comus: A Mask Presented at Ludlow Castle, 1634
"I see ye visibly, and now believe
That he, the Supreme Good, to whom all things ill 
Are but as slavish officers of vengeance,
Would send a glistering guardian, if need were 
To keep my life and honour unassailed. 
Was I deceived, or did a sable cloud 
Turn forth her silver lining on the night? 
I did not err; there does a sable cloud 
Turn forth her silver lining on the night, 
And casts a gleam over this tufted grove." 

'Clouds' and 'silver linings' were referred to often in literature from then onward, usually citing Milton and frequently referring to them as Milton's clouds. It isn't until the days of the uplifting language of Victori's England that we begin to hear the proverbial form that we are now familiar with - 'every cloud has a silver lining'. extracts from http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/every-cloud-has-a-silver-lining.html.
All of these gorgeous finds were found by doing an Etsy search for "silver lining" - I hope you love them as much as I do! That's all from me for now, see you all on Friday to meet a brand new Friday Friend !

Aquamarine Gemstone Drops Sterling Silver Lining Cloud by atlantisak

Silver Lining - Gothic Girl and her Umbrella Striped Tights Black and White Noir Mixed Media Collage Print by VelvetMorning

Peacock Feather Embroidered Silk Clutch/Purse..Navy Blue w/Silver lining by Paulownias

Silver Lining - Gorgeous Gray Butterfly Wings Soft Light On White 

     Flower Fine Art Floral Photography Print (11x14) by Shannon Leigh Studios

Silver Lining felt covered journal - handmade by erikaerin



1 comment: