Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

So this is Christmas

So this is Christmas........ 
Maddabling has been so fortunate this year, and I count my blessings often. 

I am part of an amazing Australian creative collective - the DUST Team (short for the "Down Under Street Team"). Part of my role as a DUST Team Admin is to co-ordinate Craft Swaps and the Secret Santa Craft Swap is one of my favourites to do. I received this sublime package of goodies from the lovely Donna Duncombe Designs 
and I sent off this little swag of goodies to Inner Earth Soaps
I was also very lucky to recently win two wonderful giveaways - one from Starzyia and one from Two Cheeky MonkeysBoth little parcels arrived just before Christmas at a time where life was so frantically busy that they were truly appreciated. Here are the fab goodies that I won, both came beautifully wrapped!
So how did your Christmas Day Celebrations commence ? We decided to go for a coast hills walk as it was such a beautiful morning and most of the food preparation had been done yesterday. This is the view from one direction - all is calm, all is bright...
and this is the view looking back the other way. So lucky to live in such an amazing part of Australia. 
And if you look very carefully in the photo below, you can see a very keen fisherman that has braved the 1000 plus steps (down and back up) to make the most of this beautiful morning.  
Santa was terribly kind to us and delivered a stunning framed paper cut "Bird House" lovingly created by This Paper Cut Life by Sue Codee.
After our walk and unwrapping of gifts, it was time for Christmas Lunch. We sampled a lovely wine from Oranje Tractor Wine. This sweet little vineyard doesn't use pesticides, herbicides or synthetic fungicides to grow their grapes. They produce small quantities of wine from a sustainably managed organic vineyard in Albany. So refreshing on such a hot Christmas day. 
As with many Australian Families, we opted for a cold lunch which consisted of cold meats, salads and this year, the addition of a zucchini slice. 
We also had a yummy trifle made by one of our gorgeous lunch guests and a fabulous festive fruitcake from my dear friend at Sugagirl Cakes.
And of course I had a nice cup of Earl Grey Tea to finish off the festive feast. 
Lovely Maddabling blog readers, I hope your festive season brought you lots of love, happiness and good cheer, that many new memories were created and that you had treasured time your loved ones. If you are travelling these holidays, drive safely.
Merry Christmas everyone xo 

Christmas Wreath from This Papercut Life by Sue Codee

1 comment: