Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sculpture in the Harbour - Tidelines

Dear Maddabling Blog Readers, firstly let me start by wishing you all a very Happy and Safe Easter! 
Secondly, I want to share something quite special and artistically unique with you in this special edition blog post.

Art Lovers - if you are in the Albany area this Easter Long Weekend you are in for a real treat! 
Artist: Sandy O'Doherty (Albany) 'Incoming Tide'
In a top secret location...well it's not really top secret I guess...there is a visual treat...an exhibition with a difference....
Sculpture in the Harbour "Tidelines"
The exhibition is situated in the shallow waters between the Anzac Peace Park and the Albany Entertainment Centre on the Albany Foreshore. 
Here's a little more about the background to this exhibition: 
"NewArts in partnership with the Vancouver Arts Centre present a unique and innovative approach to displaying sculpture in the waterscape of Albany Sculpture in the Harbour - Tidelines. The exhibition runs from  March 29 - April 1, 2013."
Artist: Dave TAYLOR (South Stirlings) 'Breach'
I really enjoyed looking at the beautiful pieces on show, and capturing the reflections of the sculpture in the water early on Friday morning, sometimes almost in a mirror image. I would love to share a few of my favourites snaps with you now. 
Artist: John Farrington (Needilup South) 'Diva Diver'
Artist: James McLEAN (Albany) 'Turbines or Toilet'
Artists: Kevin DRAPER and Indra GEIDANS (Torbay) 'Study for Neither Here nor There'
Artist: Kerry Argent (Lake Grace) 'Resting monument to the lowly seagull'
Artist: David Stockdale (Kendenup) 'Joy'
I hope you have enjoyed this short visual journey with me. Dear readers, you can connect or find out more about Sculpture in the Harbour at this link: http://www.facebook.com/SculptureintheHarbour
Artist: John FARRINGTON (Needilup South) 'Diva Diver'

No comments:

Post a Comment