Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Wild Winter Skies, Wildflowers and Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Hello there Maddabling Readers - did you stay warm and dry in the winter weather this weekend? I hope you are all happy and well! This weeks Sunday Blog Post is all about Wild Winter Skies, Wildflowers and Peanut Butter Bread. Happy Reading :) 

Wild Winter Skies 
What a difference a day makes. A Winter Sky photo from yesterday... 
and a Winter Sky photo from today. One relatively clear, one dark + stormy.
These photos were taken in the same spot (can you see the island near the horizon) and shows how quickly the weather can change at this time of year.
I am constantly amazed at the gorgeous cloud formations that roll in during winter. 

Wildflower Spotting - Banksia Praemorsa 
There are so many wildflowers coming on at the moment - the different shapes, vibrant colours that nature creates are truly gorgeous. This week I present Banksia Praemorsa - spotted on our weekend Coast Hills walk. 
This is a forming flower, it really does remind me of a candle. 
This is a flower that has formed, from the top - how bright and brilliant are these colours ? 
And this is how it looks from the front, a real variety of texture and colour. 
Mother Nature, how do you do it? 

If you are interested in finding out more, you can see the Banksia Praemorsa profile here: http://florabase.dec.wa.gov.au/browse/profile/1841

Peanut Butter + Banana Bread 

Wondering what to do with ripe bananas? Here's a new twist on an old favourite - try this one out - it's Peanut Butter and Banana Bread. I found this recipe, in a regular sized loaf tin makes one larger and one smaller loaf. Plenty for Everyone! By the way, it really is delicious! 
Peanut Butter + Banana Bread

Ingredients

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup skim milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups SR flour, sifted
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
125g Reduced Fat Spreadable Cream Cheese
Honey, to serve

Method

WHISK the sugar, oil, milk, eggs and peanut spread until just combined. 

Mix in the bananas.

GENTLY fold the flour and spices through the egg mixture, until just combined. 

Spoon mixture into a greased and lined 11 x 21cm loaf tin. Bake for 45- 50 minutes at 160ÂșC, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. 

Cool on a wire rack.

Dear readers, that wraps up Wild Skies, Wildflowers and Peanut Butter Banana Bread. Have a wonderful week and see you all on Wednesday for Wednesday Wishes xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment