Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Year of Amazing Things, Smoky Summer Sunsets and Raw raspberry + vanilla bean chia jam

Hello lovely readers, what a relaxing weekend we had! Today I share with you A Year of Amazing Things, Smoky Summer Sunsets and Raw raspberry + vanilla bean chia jam. Happy Reading xo♥ 

A Year of Amazing Things
Sometimes we need a reminder that life isn't really all that bad. I love this idea, and even though I am jumping on the bandwagon a little late, will be starting my own jar this year. It is so easy to do and yet how many of us would think to do this? 

Starting January 1st each year, write good things that happen to you on little pieces of paper: 
* surprise gifts
* accomplished goals
* the beauty of nature
* "LOL" moments
* memories worth saving
* daily blessings
Then, on December 31st, open the jar and read all the amazing things that happened to you in 2014. Who else is in?
photo + story credit to Boomshankarclothing 
Smoky Summer Sunsets 
Smoky skies formed the backdrop against the ocean and coast hills on our weekend walk. The water was almost copper in colour in the fading afternoon light, the hazy cloud creating new colours in the sunset. Although the sky is hauntingly beautiful, I was saddened that it was created by a bushfire, that is being treated as suspicious.
 
The fire has led to a smoke haze blanketing Perth and a large part of Western Australia. You can read more about this here: 
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-05/haze-blankets-perth-and-large-part-of-wa/5185260
DPAW has issued a smoke alert for Walpole to Geraldton: http://www.dpaw.wa.gov.au/news/alerts/smoke-alerts/item/393-smoke-alert-for-walpole-to-geraldton-05-january-2014
I hope that the brave souls working to control this fire return home to their families and loved ones safe and sound.
Raw raspberry + vanilla bean chia jam 
I had breakfast at a cafe once, that had Raspberry and Chilli Jam, served on sourdough toast with real butter and I have dreamt of recreating this jam ever since. We are currently having a love affair with Chia Seeds and I saw this recipe which makes my dream one step closer to reality. We have an abundance of fresh raspberries ripening on the vines at the moment, and I can't wait to try making this jam for myself. I would replace the vanilla seeds with a pinch of chilli powder just to give a nice warmth to the jam.
photo + recipe credit to theholisticingredient.com
Raw raspberry + vanilla bean chia jam 
Ingredients: 
1.5 cups fresh or frozen raspberries (defrosted)
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1/4 cup water Seeds of one vanilla pod (or vanilla essence)
2 tablespoons Honey, Maple syrup or rice malt syrup or stevia, to taste).

Method: 
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir really well.
Use a fork to mash up the raspberries as much as you can.
Cover and pop in the fridge for a minimum of an hour or overnight.
Remove and voila, you have jam!
You can pop this on toast, muffins, stir it through yoghurt, plop it on your cereal in the morning or you can just eat it straight from the jar.

Dear readers, I hope you enjoyed A Year of Amazing Things, Smoky Summer Sunsets and Raw raspberry + vanilla bean chia jam. See you all on Wednesday for a new Wednesday Wishes blog post xo♥

No comments:

Post a Comment