Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, January 27, 2014

Hottest 100, In Print and Honey Cinnamon Spelt Cookies

Happy Long Weekend to all those in Australia. Today I share with you Hottest 100, In Print and Honey Cinnamon Spelt Cookies. Happy Reading xo♥
Hottest 100 
Australia Day for me means Triple J's Hottest 100 Day. Listeners can tune into Triple J Radio, stream online and follow on Social Media as the Hottest 100 Songs of the year are broadcast on Australia Day each year. This year a total of 1.4 Million Votes were cast just to give you an idea of the magnitude of this musical democracy. 
This year, I only picked 4/10 songs that appeared in this list, including the songs that came in at Number 1, 2, 11 and 39. For details of the countdown, including a list of all songs that came in from 100-1 check out the Triple J Website here: 

Below, for your listening and viewing pleasure, are the videos for the five songs that were voted in by listeners across the world as the best of the best for 2013. 
5. Flume+ Chet Faker - Drop The Game
4. Artic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know
3. Daft Punk - Get Lucky {ft. Pharrell Williams + Nile Rodgers}
2. Royals - Lorde 
1. Riptide - Vance Joy
In Print 
As my lovely blog readers may know, I am fond of taking a photo from time to time. Our local paper has a segment for readers to send in their photos too called Great Southern Snapshot. It is always a thrill to have your photo selected and this year I have submitted 4 photos and they have all been published. It really is very exciting. I will share these with you now :) I am thinking about making these into a photo book, what do you think? I am also planning on doing a short daily photo challenge for interested people later this year. 
Honey Cinnamon Spelt Cookies
These cookies are so so simple and very tasty. For a softer cookie bake for the recommended time, for a crunchier version, bake a little longer. This recipe came from recipebinder.co.uk. I am thinking about expanding on the ingredients and including some sunflower or pumpkin seeds and chia seed next time around, and a touch of ginger. Enjoy ♥
Honey Cinnamon Spelt Cookies 
Ingredients: 
200g Wholemeal Spelt Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon powdered Cinnamon
100g Maple Syrup (vegan) or Honey (non vegan)
100g Sunflower Oil

Method: 
1. Pre-heat oven to 190 Celsius. 
2. Mix all the ingredients up in a large bowl to make a soft dough. 
3. Place teaspoonfuls of mixture on an oiled baking sheet. 
4. Bake for 8-12 minutes. 
5. Enjoy with morning coffee or with ice-cream or warm stewed fruit or as part of a tasting plate for dessert with fresh fruit and a raw food chocolate pot.


Dear readers, I hope you enjoyed Hottest 100, In Print and Honey Cinnamon Spelt Cookies. See you all on Wednesday for a new Wednesday Wishes Blog Post xo♥

No comments:

Post a Comment