Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, February 3, 2014

Natural Beauty of Nullaki, Pinterest Prettiness and Sweet Potato + Ham Fritters

Hello lovely readers, welcome to another week. Tonight I share with you Natural Beauty of Nullaki, Pinterest Prettiness and Sweet Potato + Ham Fritters. Happy Reading xo♥
Natural Beauty of Nullaki
On the weekend, we finally visited the beautiful Anvil Beach on the southern side of the Nullaki Peninsula. It is stunning even on a cloudy stormy summers day.For the record, there is nothing between this coast and Antarctica! It has the purest white sand beaches, but you can't swim here due to extra large waves and ocean rips.The views really are to die for, so spectacular. You can see out past William Head and then the views stretch out over the wild Southern Ocean. You can clearly see by the last photo why this place is named Anvil Beach. We can't wait to visit again on a sunny clear day to see the Natural Aquarium in all it's glory, will share that with you when I can ♥
Pinterest Prettiness
Do you pin on Pinterest? I do, although I do find it can become a little bit of an addiction and a time zapping phenomena. But....there is so much prettiness in the Pinterest World, here are some snapshots of maddablings pinterest boards to inspire you. 
 Sweet Potato + Ham Fritters 
I am not fond of frying fritters, preferring to oven bake them. I adapted this recipe from taste.com.au and I think it would make a great picnic basket treat, easy mid week dinner or lunch box favourite. This recipe made nine large fritter patties. 
 
Sweet Potato + Ham Fritters
Ingredients:
500g orange sweet potato, peeled, grated
200g shaved leg ham, chopped
5 spring onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup plain wholemeal or spelt flour
2 50g eggs, lightly beaten
Pepper and Salt to taste, if desired. 

Method: 
1. Preheat oven to 200C
2. Place potato, ham, onion, parsley, mustard and flour in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Stir in egg.
3. Place on a baking paper lined oven tray and carefully mould into 9 fritters. 4. Flatten slightly. 
5. Place tray in oven and bake for 30-45 minutes or until lightly browned. 
6. Serve with tomato relish and a fresh garden salad.  
I hope you enjoyed reading all about Natural Beauty of Nullaki,  Pinterest Pins and Sweet Potato + Ham Fritters. See you all on Wednesday for the next installment of Wednesday Wishes ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment