Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, April 7, 2014

Elephant Cove, All that Glitters and Chicken + Sweetcorn Soup

Hello lovely readers and welcome to the Weekend Blog Post. 
Today I share with you all Elephant Cove, All That Glitters and Chicken + Sweetcorn Soup. Happy Reading xo♥
Elephant Cove
Elephant Cove is located on the South Coast near Denmark, in the William Bay National Park. It is home to the huge ancient cracked boulders that are named Elephant Rocks. To be truthful, they do look like just like a herd of Elephants paddling in the shallow waters of Elephant Cove.
It was a really bright sunny day when we visited and the sheltered waters were an incandescent shimmering turquoise ♥ We were so disappointed that we forgot to pack our bathers! 
I can't recall a visit to this magical place before and it is truly breathtaking. I would love to visit here again and explore some more.  
All That Glitters
I haven't felt the urge to make an Etsy treasury for quite a while now.... however over the weekend I went in search of All That Glitters - this pretty and unusual Sparkly Treasury was created.You can view it in full here: 
https://www.etsy.com/au/treasury/NTI0NzI0N3wyNzIzNDI2NjY3/all-that-glitters
Chicken + Sweetcorn Soup
We had dinner guests over on the weekend and we had a home made chinese takeaway at home feast of sorts. I made Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup and I confess that this was one of the most AMAZING tasting soups I have ever made at home. A last minute hitch (i.e. no sesame oil in the pantry) meant that the final ingredient was omitted but it still tasted great. I found the recipe here: 
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/22638/chicken+and+sweetcorn+soup 
Chicken + Sweetcorn Soup 
Ingredients:
1 litre salt-reduced chicken stock
2 garlic cloves, crushed 
420g can creamed corn 
125g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed 
3 green onions, thinly sliced 
2 cups shredded cooked chicken 
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce 
2 egg whites, lightly beaten 
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil 

Method:
1.Place stock, garlic, creamed corn, corn kernels, half the onion and 1 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes. 
2.Add chicken, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Stir to combine. Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. 
3.Gradually stir in egg white, then oil. Divide between bowls. Top with remaining onion. Serve.

Dear readers, I hope you enjoyed reading about Elephant Cove, All That Glitters and Chicken + Sweetcorn Soup. See you all on Wednesday for a new edition of Wednesday Wishes xo♥

No comments:

Post a Comment