Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday Friends - Local Makers - Little Willow Soaps 'n Stuff

Hello there lovely Maddabling readers - welcome to Friday and a brand new edition of Friday Friends! What has your week held? 
I have found it is getting harder to get out of bed in the mornings, the Autumn chill has certainly started to set in. 

This week I introduce to you all a new Friday Friend and Local Maker; meet the very talented and soapy creative - Leanne of Little Willow Soaps 'n Stuff! 
Maddabling has been using the wonderful products that Leanne makes, let me share my experiences with you. Firstly, the "Frank Is Getting Fresh With Myrtle" Emulsified Sugar Scrub. Deliciously refreshing, this divine scrub will leave you beautifully scented with a gorgeous blend of Essential Oils including Frankincense and Lemon Myrtle, your skin will love you as it is moisturised by nourishing plant oils and butters.  
Next let me tell you about some of the beautiful natural soaps that Leanne makes. Clockwise from Top Left is "Calendula Is Mary's Gold" - citrusy, woody and fresh, "Rose Would Like To Say Aloe Vera" - the creamiest handmade soap I have ever used, "Frankincense That Rose Is Walnuts" - earthy and spicy with a little scrubby action and "Breakfast For My Skin" - the most gentle and pure blend of honey, oatmeal and almond milk. 
And I must say, I love the creative word play that Leanne uses when she names her products - they do amuse me :) I am very keen to try the foot scrub next and to stock up on some more of the most delectable soaps! 
Dear readers, I can't wait to catch up with Leanne at her upcoming stall at the Denmark Markets, if you are in the area, pop in and say Hello! and that Maddabling sent you :) I invite you now to kick back, even if for a short while and enjoy The Little Willow Story. Have a fantastic weekend xo♥
The Little Willow Story
The Little Willow story started in 2012 with two wonderful 
friends of mine who are also soap artisans, making soap naturally. I was inspired by their wonderful products….the look, feel and the amazing aromas the infused through my senses. 
With their encouragement, belief in my ability and their never tiring willingness to provide answers to my questions….and about a billion hours of youtube research, I finally made my first batch of soap! 
From that first batch, I was hooked and have never looked back. Even though my very first batch being a scrubby soap that I made WAY too scrubby and ended up unusable. 
Each batch made is a new lesson, you never stop learning. There are always new ingredients and recipe combinations to try! I make my soaps using the ‘cold process’ method, using plant based oils and butters. During my journey of formulating recipes I have discovered the controversy of using ‘Palm Oil’, as well as the passionate debate against ‘Sustainable Palm Oil’, so I have formulated my recipes to be ‘Palm Oil’ FREE. 
I love trying new ingredients like plant extracts, aloe vera gel, milks, honey, yoghurt, fresh fruits/vege even beer! The aim for my product range is to be NATURAL, as I know quite a few people (and have now met many more) that have skin that is intolerant of commercially bought products. 
I enjoy making products that benefit the skin and may help relieve the effects of skin issues. I also love products that leave your skin feeling loved, so I added a body scrub to my range as well as a foot scrub. 
As a lover of lip balms I developed my own with a list of ingredients you can actually read. 
Bath truffles for a luxurious soak. A little fizz that releases shea and cocoa butters to moisturize. 
Candles for a touch of romance. 
Smell can be one of the most evoking and pleasurable senses the body has.... flooding you with past memories of childhood, happy times, places and emotions, as well as creating a ‘Bookmark’ to a present moment or experience to be remembered at another time when the same aroma is inhaled once again. 
So when you see my stall at the upcoming Easter Market in Denmark I invite you to come and set your sense of smell free and enjoy the aromas on offer! 

Dear readers, do you want to see more? Here is how you can connect. 

Become a follower on Facebook here: 
http://www.facebook.com/littlewillowsoapsnstuff

or you can place an order by emailing Leanne direct at 
littlewillowsns(at)bigpond(dot)com

No comments:

Post a Comment