Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, June 9, 2014

Garden Close Ups and Pea + Verjuice Dip

This weekend blog post is a little late dear readers, tonight I share with you "Garden Close Ups and Pea + Verjuice Dip"
Happy Reading xo♥
Garden Close Ups 
Although the skies have been grey and the weather wet and cold, there is so much bright colour in the winter garden. Have you ever taken the time to stop and look closely at the beautiful abstract forms of flowers? So many textures, shades of colours and fine forms. Here are some images I captured to share with you all. These are all plants in our garden, most are natives :)
Red Hot Poker Flowers 
Lilly Pilly Blossom     Grevillea Flower 
 
Banksia Hookeriana Flower  Banksia Coccinea Flower  
Pea + Verjuice Dip
This dip is super easy and exceptionally tasty. You can serve it on an antipasto platter or heat it and spread it on toast topped with smoked ham and a poached egg. It really is delicious. I once purchased a dip with these ingredients as the hero ingredients and have thought of replicating it ever since. As a variation, you could blitz in some finely chopped mint and fresh lemon juice to add another dimension.
Pea + Verjuice Dip
Ingredients:
1-2 Cups of Frozen Peas
A good quality Verjuice
Sea Salt to season

Method: 
1. Cook peas until just tender - microwave in a covered container or steam in a steamer pot on the stove.
2. Blitz peas using a stick blender and add in approx 2-4 tablespoons of verjuice to make a dip like consistency.
3. Season with Sea Salt.
4. Chill and serve. 

Dear readers, I hope you enjoyed reading "Garden Close Ups and Pea + Verjuice Dip". See you all on Wednesday for a new edition of Wednesday Wishes x

No comments:

Post a Comment