Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, June 30, 2014

Pots of Gold, Fall-ing Down and Roasted Cauliflower, Leek + Cashew Soup

Hello readers, apologies for the late "weekend" blog post but have been a little out of sorts. Tonight I share with you Pots of Gold, Fall-ing Down and Roasted Cauliflower, Leek + Cashew Soup. Happy Reading xo♥
Pots of Gold
I was amazed to see a Rainbow form from the sea before my eyes on the weekend. It seemed to come right out of the ocean. Maybe there really is a pot of gold hidden beneath the waves... 
Fall-ing Down
A dear friend of mine shared a social media status recently, and the challenge was to be allocated a letter of the alphabet and share a song accordingly. "J". So being a proud West Australian, I chose a little Perth band by the name of Jebediah. I have seen Jebediah live and they put on a damn good show. Who doesn't love men in kilts,bagpipes and Indie music from the early noughties? Enjoy the music video "Fall Down" by Jebediah 
Roasted Cauliflower Leek + Cashew Soup 
I found this yummy vegetarian soup recipe at http://www.loveandlemons.com. It serves about 3 as a main, 4-5 as a starter or side. It is dairy free but still very creamy and flavoursome. A different style of winter warmer. 
Roasted Cauliflower Leek + Cashew Soup 
Ingredients 
2 cups chopped cauliflower
2-3 leeks, white and very light green parts, chopped (about 1 to 1.5 cups) 
2 cloves of garlic olive oil, for drizzling 
1/2 cup raw, unsalted, un-roasted cashews, soaked overnight and drained 
1.5 teaspoons miso paste (or season with salt if you don't have any) 
Leaves from a few sprigs of marjoram or thyme 
3 cups of water 
A splash of olive oil (to blend into the soup) 
1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika (or more to taste)
Squeeze of lemon 
Pinch of Red Chilli Flakes 

Method: 
Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Spread cauliflower, leeks and garlic on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with a few pinches of salt & pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes, or until golden, make sure to rotate the tray halfway through cooking. 

Use a stick blender or add to your blender or food processor the roasted vegetables, drained cashews, marjoram leaves, miso paste, a squeeze of lemon and half the water (1.5 cups). Blend until pureed. Add olive oil, paprika, and the rest of the water. Blend again. Taste and adjust seasonings.

Pour into a medium saucepan and heat just until it's warm. Stir in a little more water if it's too thick. Serve with bread on the side. Garnish with fresh Marjoram or Thyme Sprigs. 

Readers, I hope you enjoyed Pots of Gold, Fall-ing Down and Roasted Cauliflower, Leek + Cashew Soup. See you tomorrow for a new Wednesday Wishes blog post x 

No comments:

Post a Comment