Welcome to my blog. I work full time and creating is my sanity. I like to use many different mediums and was a finalist in the Fire Mountain Beading Contest in 2008. I am a passionate blogger, and a promoter of handmade goodness.

I love : my husband, my fur kids, family, music, sunshine, creating, chocolate, handmade soaps, the DUST Team, gardening, friends, Triple J Radio and photography. Comments welcome, I hope you enjoy the adventure with me.

Please respect my copyright and that the original ©photographs and ©text published on this blog remain the property of ©Maddabling (Samara). Please do not reproduce, crop or alter my original photographs.

made with love.........................maddabling xox




proud member of the down under street team

Monday, September 8, 2014

Abandoned Laneway, Spring Blooms + Bandicoots and Creamy Coconut + Strawberry Icypoles

Hi readers, hoping you had a fantastic weekend. In this weekend blog post I share with you Abandoned Laneway, Spring Blooms + Bandicoots and Creamy Coconut + Strawberry Icypoles. 
Happy Reading xo♥
Abandoned Laneway
There is a laneway near the town centre that can best be described as abandoned. I have been meaning to explore the delapidated buildings along this stretch for a while. It was a bright Sunday morning and the shadows were beautiful to capture in black and white. These houses must have been quite grand in their time and the WA Worsted and Woollen Mills used to be a bustling industrial hub. It is sad to see these buildings in such a state of disrepair.  I hope you enjoy these happy snaps.
Spring Blooms and Bandicoots
On the same sunny Sunday, a boardwalk stroll showed up some beautiful wildflowers like this Southern Cross. Spring is certainly in the air. 
We also happened to cross paths with a bandicoot enjoying the spring sunshine. 
This stunning Dryandra formosa has burst into flower in our native garden at home too. I love the spring blooms! 
Creamy Coconut + Strawberry Icypoles
I had left over fresh strawberry sauce that needed to be used up. I added some coconut milk and made icypoles! Recipe is below. You could also add in some cacao nibs for that chocolate element. Enjoy! 
Ingredients: 
250g Fresh Strawberries 
Juice of half an orange
Splash of Pure Vanilla Essence
Tablespoon of Raw Honey
Half a tin of coconut milk 

Method: 
Blitz strawberries, orange juice, vanilla essence and honey. 
Stir in coconut milk. 
Pour into Icypole moulds and freeze. 

Note: ingredients can be adjusted to personal taste. 

Dear Maddabling readers, I hope you enjoyed Abandoned Laneway, Spring Blooms + Bandicoots and Creamy Coconut + Strawberry Icypoles. Have a fantastic week, see you on Wednesday for a new edition of Wednesday Wishes x 

No comments:

Post a Comment